Josh and I will be teaching a week-long workshop in creating graphic novels at The Fine Arts Work Center in early July--we're calling it At the Intersection of Writing and Drawing. I'm excited about this chance to collaborate and each bring our expertise to fellow practitioners. The graphic novel is such a fluid and remarkable form, with such creative potential for convergence of our crafts.

I'm hoping that we get interest from the creative writing community as well as the comics community, so that we can explore entry into the form on the prose side. Truth is, though Josh and I have done numerous collaboration, I often feel like I'm just starting to explore the interplay of the visual and text that is comics. I find the challenges deeply fascinating both for themselves, and for the creative muscles engaged as we visually represent through words.

It'll exciting to see what will emerge.


Click this link to find out more about the program and how to register.


Comments

Popular Posts